Be Connected is for those with no, or limited, computer skills and aims to empower everyone to use the internet and everyday technology.
Through the Be Connected online resources, you will learn the basics of using digital devices and engaging with the internet, including:
- Being safer while online
- Talking to or seeing family and friends who live far away
- Finding new friends who share interests and hobbies
- Connecting with old friends
- Keeping up to date with what’s happening in communities and around the world
- Shopping and selling online, safely and securely.
Australians with low internet skills can often feel isolated from their community and family at a time in their lives when feeling connected is increasingly important. Be Connected aims to change this through a family and community centred approach by supporting community organisations that are committed to digital inclusion and supporting older Australians bridge the digital divide. Be Connected also supports families to mentor a relative or friend to help them be more connected online.